Wednesday, June 20, 2007

An Informational Message

* Two fine new books have been added to the list of recommendations.

* Seems that many of those who come to this site are visiting a blog for the first time and are reluctant to post comments. Here's some tips by way of encouragement. Anyone can post. No registration is necessary. Just click on the word "Comments" below any of my posts. Don't hesitate to write a personal comment or message you friends of mine out there. I have arranged it so that your comments come directly to my e-mail message box. I then have the option of posting them to this BLOG or not. So if the comment would not be of interest to others I can choose not to post it. Hope that is a relief. By the way, it took me quite a while to figure out how to make that happen.

*While I am at it I will tell you that by clicking on the little envelope under any of my posts you can send it via e-mail to anyone you think might be interested. Just be sure that you have that person's e-mail address handy or ready to 'paste' in.

* I find that visual memories of the film "Into Great Silence" are clinging to me. How effective it was! The magazine America published a very insightful, well-written and positive review recently. Perhaps you can look it up.

* We continue our Novena to Mother of Perpetual Help for these special intentions:

Our Pope and Bishops
World Peace
Family Life
Vocations
The Aged and Infirm
Immigrants and Refugees
The Environment
An Increase in the Virtues of Faith, Hope and Love
The Intentions of All Those Taking Part in the Novena

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too loved "Into the Silence". I've tried to add a bit more silence to my life. Not an easy thing to do.
Peace,
Marie Pickard
Raytown, Mo

Anonymous said...

PS. I'm also a spinner & knitter.

Marie Pickard