Saturday, December 25, 2010

A Blessed Christmas to All

A little child is born for us today;
little and yet called the mighty God, alleluia.

The Nativity (a detail)
engraving by Frater Max Schmalzl, CSsR
1850-1930




My, dear friends, on this day of great joy and hope, I just composed what I thought was a moving reflection on the on-going Christmas in our lives, the daily birth of Jesus in us every day. But the grinch of computers took it all away as I tried to embellish the piece with more of Brother Max Schmazl's great work. So be it. It was not meant to be my Christmas gift to you. Instead, now I remind that our prayers today have been for all that challenges our world, our country and our families. May the grace and blessing of this feast be with you in abundance.






No comments: